Melissa Cianci exclusively practices family law, while diligently focusing her efforts to ensure her clients understand the legal process and make well-informed, educated decisions. Her no-nonsense approach to complex issues has earned her a reputation of being an aggressive advocate for her clients, yet she is focused on settlement. As a testament to her legal abilities and effectiveness, she receives continuous referrals from former satisfied clients and other attorneys.
Melissa is the managing partner of Cecil Cianci Law, PC, a role that lends to her appreciation of business owners and the complexities they face while going through the dissolution or modification of support process.
Melissa was born in Sacramento and raised in Southern California. She graduated cum laude from California State University, Sacramento, with a Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Communication. Her high academic achievement resulted in a lifelong membership in the honor society, Lambda Pi Eta, Epsilon Phi Chapter. She graduated from University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in 2005. During her tenure at McGeorge, Melissa received prestigious recognitions for her academic accomplishments. It was during her participation with the Community Legal Services program that she recognized her calling and dedicated her career to appreciating the complexities and intricacies of family law.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Family Law Specialist by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- California, 2005
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2006
- Nevada, 2017
- Hawaii, 2018
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii, 2018
- Colorado, 2019
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. - 2005
- Honors: Recipient of the Loren S. Dhal Scholarship for academic excellence in bankruptcy
- Honors: Recipient of the prestigious Witkin Award for academic excellence in professional responsibility
- California State University, Sacramento, Sacramento, California
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Placer County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Orange County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- American Bar Association, Assisted Reproductive Technologies Committee
- Lambda Pi Eta, Epsilon Phi Chapter