Maida Farrar adds over a decade of family law experience to the team at Cecil Cianci Law, PC, where she continues to practice exclusively in that arena.
Maida has an in-depth, multi-faceted knowledge of family law issues. She brings her own unique approach to family law litigation and works diligently to assist her clients in making informed decisions so that they can move forward in their lives with confidence. Maida is no stranger to litigation and is known to be formidable in the courtroom; however, she approaches her cases with an eye toward settlement whenever possible.
In addition to family law litigation, Maida also has a background in mediation and holds a certification as a divorce coach. Maida knows that every client’s family is unique, and she’s always committed to offering her clients a wide array of options to approach their own family law matters in a way that suits them best.
Maida is an east coast transplant who grew up in Miami, Florida, and then attended college at Appalachian State University in North Carolina. California came calling shortly after finishing her bachelor’s degree. Maida relocated here and has never looked back. While attending McGeorge School of Law, Maida served on the Governing Board of the Community Legal Services program. Upon passing the bar exam, Maida worked exclusively in the domestic violence arena prior to opening her own family law practice. Maida wound down her private practice to join the team at Cecil Cianci Law, PC.
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina
- Contributing Author: “Putting Kids First in Divorce,” 2016
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of California, Family Law Section
- State Bar of Florida
- California Women Lawyers
- Placer County Bar Association
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- CDC Certified Divorce Coach
- Certified Family Law Specialist
Pro Bono Activities
- Governing Board, Community Legal Services program