Placer County Restraining Order Lawyers
We Help Clients All Over in the Great Sacramento Area
Are you in danger of abuse in your own home? Don't wait another minute to find safety. Contact our team today so that we can help you file for a restraining order in Placer County. This order will prohibit your abuser from touching you or coming anywhere near you under threat of arrest.
Call (916) 675-3866 now or contact us online to learn how we can help you get a restraining order in Placer County!
What Is a Restraining Order?
A domestic violence restraining order is a restraining order designed to protect people who have been abused or are threatened with abuse. You can request a domestic violence restraining order if the person who abused or threatened to abuse you is your spouse or former spouse, you are registered domestic partners, you have a child together, you are currently dating, or you used to date. You can also request a domestic violence restraining order if you have a second-degree affinity or consanguinity with the person who abused you.
Abuse can take many forms, including:
- Economic abuse. This can involve withholding resources or money that another individual needs, forcing them to become completely financially dependent on their abuser.
- Sexual abuse. This can involve treating another individual in a sexually humiliating way or coercing someone into performing sexual acts.
- Psychological abuse. This covers many different acts, including telling others information that would cause embarrassment or humiliation, or trying to intimidate another or threaten them with things like taking that person's children.
- Emotional abuse. This could include name-calling, belittling, or a pattern of criticism, with the purpose of reducing another's self-esteem.
- Physical abuse. This is the type of abuse most people think of when they think of domestic violence. This can involve grabbing, slapping, hitting, choking, and more.
If you do not qualify for a domestic violence restraining order because you cannot meet the relationship requirement for one, you may be able to ask for a civil harassment order. A skilled restraining order attorney in Roseville can guide you every step of the way through the process.
Restraining orders help because the restrained person cannot contact or go near you, your children, or other relatives who live with you; they may not possess a gun or ammunition; and the court may order that person to move out of your home. The restrained person may not go near your workplace, your school, or your children's school. The court can also issue temporary child custody, support, and spousal support orders.
Our restraining order lawyers in Roseville can help you. If you have questions regarding how to apply for a restraining order, or if you need assistance to defend yourself from wrongful accusations of abuse, call Cecil Cianci Law, PC at (916) 675-3866 or contact us online for a reduced-fee consultation today.