Roseville Interstate Custody Attorneys
California Interstate Custody Laws
When a parent relocates from one state to another, the geographic change can have a significant impact on his or her child or children and on the other parent, particularly when the relocating parent wants to take the child or children along. While such moves are often driven by legitimate factors like job opportunities and family ties—and sometimes they happen soon after a divorce—they tend to greatly reduce the amount of time a non-custodial parent is able to spend with their children. In many cases, this creates personal and legal conflicts.
If you are concerned about how a move-away will impact your relationship with your child or children, or if you are worried about their safety, we can assist you. At Cecil Cianci Law, PC, our interstate custody lawyers in Roseville are knowledgeable and effective in dealing with complex child custody matters.
Call us today at (916) 675-3866 to schedule your initial consultation.
Protect Your Relationship with Your Children
Through focused legal representation, our family law attorneys can help you protect your parental rights and ensure that your child's or children's best interests are upheld. The attorneys at Cecil Cianci Law, PC can answer your questions about child custody and visitation matters of all kinds.
We can advise and represent you in matters including:
- The modification of child custody orders to accommodate a relocation.
- Out-of-court negotiations of custody agreements to which both parents can agree.
- An emergency modification of court orders.
- Multi-state custody arrangements and resolution of issues related to the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA). The UCCJEA gives jurisdiction in child support matters to a child's home state, which is generally defined as the state in which a child has lived with a parent for six consecutive months, or since birth.
- Enforcement of out-of-state custody and child support orders.
- International move-away cases and abduction concerns related to Hague Convention laws.
Contact us online or call (916) 675-3866 today to schedule a reduced-fee consultation with a knowledgeable lawyer who can help you protect your rights.
Client Success Stories
Sensitive to needs with my children, my time and my dollars
Helped me feel safe, important and always had my back
I've never met an attorney I felt I could trust like Melissa
She will ensure that you're taken care of
Has your best interest at heart and cares
A seamless process thanks to Melissa and the team of attorneys and support staff
Extremely knowledgeable, organized and professional!
A truly personal and professional attorney
Could not be happier with the help they offered me through a tough time
I felt cared for and protected
Made both sides feel extremely comfortable with the agreement and outcome
Does her "homework" to best represent her client