Interstate Custody Lawyers in Roseville
Helping Clients across Roseville, Sacramento & Surrounding Areas with Their Family Law Needs
When a parent relocates from one state to another, the geographic change can have a significant impact on his or her child or children and on the other parent, particularly when the relocating parent wants to take the child or children along. While such moves are often driven by legitimate factors like job opportunities and family ties—and sometimes they happen soon after a divorce—they tend to greatly reduce the amount of time a non-custodial parent is able to spend with their children. In many cases, this creates personal and legal conflicts.
If you are concerned about how a move-away will impact your relationship with your child or children, or if you are worried about their safety, we can assist you. At Cecil Cianci Law, PC, our interstate custody lawyers in Roseville are knowledgeable and effective in dealing with complex child custody matters.
Protect Your Relationship with Your Children
Through focused legal representation, our family law attorneys can help you protect your parental rights and ensure that your child's or children's best interests are upheld.
We can advise and represent you in matters including:
- The modification of child custody orders to accommodate a relocation.
- Out-of-court negotiations of custody agreements to which both parents can agree.
- An emergency modification of court orders.
- Multi-state custody arrangements and resolution of issues related to the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA). The UCCJEA gives jurisdiction in child support matters to a child's home state, which is generally defined as the state in which a child has lived with a parent for six consecutive months, or since birth.
- Enforcement of out-of-state custody and child support orders.
- International move-away cases and abduction concerns related to Hague Convention laws.
Contact Our Roseville Interstate Custody Attorneys
The attorneys at Cecil Cianci Law, PC can answer your questions about child custody and visitation matters of all kinds. Contact us online or call (916) 675-3866 today to schedule a reduced-fee consultation with a knowledgeable lawyer who can help you protect your rights.