Sacramento Parental Relocation Attorneys
When a parent relocates from one state to another, the geographic change can have a significant impact on his or her child or children and on the other parent, particularly when the relocating parent wants to take the child or children along. While such moves are often driven by legitimate factors like job opportunities and family ties — and sometimes they happen soon after a divorce — they tend to greatly reduce the amount of time a noncustodial parent is able to spend with his or her child or children. In many cases, this creates personal and legal conflicts.
If you are concerned about how a move-away will impact your relationship with your child or children, or if you are worried about their safety, we can assist you. At the Law Office of Cecil & Cianci, PC, our lawyers are knowledgeable and effective in dealing with complex child custody matters.
Protect Your Relationship With Your Children
Through focused legal representation, our experienced family law attorneys can help you protect your parental rights and ensure that your child's or children's best interests are upheld. We can advise and represent you in matters that include:
- Modification of child custody orders to accommodate a relocation
- Out-of-court negotiation of custody agreements to which both parents can agree
- Emergency modification of court orders
- Multistate custody arrangements and resolution of issues related to the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA). (The UCCJEA gives jurisdiction in child support matters to a child's home state, which is generally defined as the state in which a child has lived with a parent for six consecutive months, or since birth.)
- Enforcement of out-of-state custody and child support orders
- International move-aways and abduction concerns related to Hague Convention laws
Roseville Interstate Custody Attorneys
The California attorneys at the Law Office of Cecil & Cianci, PC, can answer your questions about child custody and visitation matters of all kinds. Contact us to schedule a reduced-fee consultation with an experienced lawyer who can help you protect your rights.